Sunday, October 22, 2017

Day 22 Purposeful Passion

I'm currently trying to understand the Hero/Heroine's Journey and a friend of mine shared this video, The Tale of the Hero's Journey Documentary. The reason I bring this up is because the bottom line in the video is to follow your bliss. That is what purposeful passion is all about, following your bliss.

Within any hero/heroine's journey, they go towards their passion with a purpose.

Compass to follow your passion
Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures
by George Hodan

As a poet, we journey within and share what we discover on the page through our poetry. We also take journeys down crooked paths, steep hills, winding roads, to find inspiration for our words.

Winding road to passion.
Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictues
by Lubos Houska


And it may even take us to other countries, searching for our purpose and passion.

Finding your passion in Machu Picchu
Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures
by Kai Stachowiak


Here's that video I told you about to encourage you to follow your bliss:


Poetry Prompt:

Put on some music and move your body for a few minutes and then sit down and write a list of everything you feel passionate about. Pick one from your list and write for five to ten minutes and see where your words lead you.

Word Prompts:

Passion
Bliss
Journey
Compass
Purpose
Winding road
crooked path

Possible poetry type: Go to ShadowPoetry.com and challenge yourself by picking a poetry type that you've never used before.

Use any of the images above to inspire you but if you choose to share one of them on your blog, please remember to give attribution and link back to its page on PublicDomainPictures. Thanks!

Only ten days left of OctPoWriMo! Hope you are having fun playing with your words!

Remember, our prompts are only suggestions, you can find your inspiration wherever your muse leads you. Please visit the other participants, share the hashtag, #OctPoWriMo on social media, and share your link in the comments below. Let us know how this journey into poetry is going for you. 



Morgan Dragonwillow, author of Wild Woman Waking & Dancing within Shadow, is a Bodywork transformer, dancing poet, motivator of words, magical instigator and creatrix of #OctPoWriMo & #PoetsonthePage. Collaborate with your soul and get your words on the page. Wild Woman Writing Retreat.
Yes, she is on Google+ too!

27 comments:

  1. a loop poetry from me :) Happy Sunday!
    https://ladyleemanilablog.wordpress.com/2017/10/22/day-22-purposeful-passion/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew found poetry can be even more work than a new creation sometimes? Here's my day 22, created from titles of my own poems. I once thought I'd never be able to write a decent poem, certainly not in English. So in a way, this represents my own hero's journey a bit: https://unassortedstories.wordpress.com/2017/10/22/titled/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful that you've been able to write poetry in a second language!

      Delete
    2. Ha! I can certainly relate to that! I'll go read it soon. But I was really surprised when my very first poem came to me in a third language. So at least I felt like there was a chance I could do it. I must say writing poetry has helped improve my English greatly!

      Delete
  3. Today, I had a little time on my hands (HA!), so decided to attempt the florette I hadn't been able to try earlier in the month. It's not perfect, but it's what came today :)

    http://www.awritersuniverse.com/2017/10/memory-lane.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 22 poem Passions Wither experiencewriting.com/2017/10/22/writober-day-22-let-me-out/
    The prompt inspired my first Kyrielle. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The prompt asked us to write about something we’re passionate about. So I asked myself this question from Natalie Goldberg: "What is it mine to do?"

    "Tell Me" www.poemsbyannis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to post mine for the day.
    http://www.awritersuniverse.com/2017/10/follow-your-bliss.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because my husband's first wife passed away and because I am a stepmom, I am passionate about respecting her memory. We now belong to the same family. I wrote a Fibonacci poem.

    https://stepstimestwo.wordpress.com/2017/10/22/rings/

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'A Sensation of Falling'
    https://medium.com/@tolu/a-sensation-of-falling-9bf272c00370 …
    #OctPoWriMo
    22/31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your writing is so powerful and thought-and-image provoking. This struck me today: "some
      phrases expand
      the gums and jaws with things held back." I can see it. Thank you. xoA

      Delete
  10. Completed by writing first on paper, then typing "blind", as my monitor only lights up for 8 seconds at a time. This was a grueling exercise physically. Day 22's offering: http://tao-talk.com/2017/10/22/day-22-octwripomo-character-study/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that would suck! I hope you're able to get a new monitor in the near future.

      Delete
  11. Posting for Sudha Reddy:

    Day 22 prompt..... is very dear to creative minds and creative people
    Though, it should be dear to every human being....


    An Expression of Love and Compassion

    The essence of passion is Love and Compassion
    The expression of passion outside is a fusion
    Internal compass, leads to the bliss of passion
    The inner peace within, is to be reached and experienced as a mission
    It feels natural and effortless, while walking the path of passion
    Fortunate are those who can match their livelihood with their passion
    Though, while establishing the nature of expression of one's passion
    It feels like one has to walk miles and miles or none
    Has to cross crooked paths, winding roads, sharp cliffs or none
    The essence of passion is love and compassion

    The essence of passion is love and compassion
    The actual journey is inward to find the treasure
    Love and Compassion, the essence of passion will form a relation
    The human connection, the soul connection or connection with the creation
    The action that follows, has to be the expression of ones passion
    When there is a direction to the Actions, it becomes purposeful
    PURPOSEFUL PASSION is,
    love and compassion in action as outward expression,with a direction....
    That is a purposeful passion....
    Loving unconditionally, what we do....💕😊🙏sr

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wrapped poem http://hittingthemark-jones.blogspot.ca/2017/10/heros-journey.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did not have the chance to post a link here yesterday. Here it is:

    https://wordswithannie.wordpress.com/2017/10/22/check-under-the-mask/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I woke to horrific pain shooting through my leg and disorientation as to time of day because I work so much. The concept of "bliss" seems utterly foreign to me, almost a laughable idea.
    Empty Road
    Eh, at least I didn't accidentally paste the HTML for my entire post this time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://missdragonlady.blogspot.com/2017/10/octpowrimo-day-22-purposeful-passion.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. https://kryptic.blog/2017/10/23/entranced/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Running a bit behind! http://biancasbookblog.blogspot.nl/2017/10/octpowrimo-day-22-purposeful-passion.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  19. https://mandibelle16.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/octpowrimo-day-22-three-line-tales-obvious-signs-amwriting-poetry-3linetales/
    Sort of on theme in a round about way

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so very delayed in uploading my poems - my Day 22 offering https://zwabisabi.blogspot.com/2017/10/meandering-bliss.html

    ReplyDelete

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...