Friday, October 28, 2022

OctPoWriMo 2022: Day 28 - Courageous and Daring



I'm an Aries, and as such 'courageous' and 'daring' should at least theoretically be my middle names. But it took me a long while to grow into either of those notions and even as an adult I still often feel that I have a long way to go in these respects.

Those born under the sign of Aries are also reputed to be impatient, impulsive, argumentative, self-involved, intolerant, and insensitive (thanks, www.horoscopes.lovetoknow.com !) - and I have always thought of these traits as being more true of myself. But allow me to think on the positive side for a second: if the list I found has any grain of truth to it, it also says that we Rams are independent, dynamic, charismatic, enthusiastic, warmhearted, and quick-witted - which are traits I have also been told by others are true about myself. Maybe now even 'confident' would apply too.

So what is your star sign? What are people born under that sign 'supposed' to be like? (I know it's hardly an exact science.) Do 'courageous' and 'daring' figure within that framework? Do you consider yourself to be that way? Do you think any of us is especially 'fated' to be these things, or can we make ourselves so?

Famed Instapoet Atticus has already written poems for each sign of the zodiac; now, perhaps, it's our turn. Shape poems might work well here - why not fashion a poem about courage and daring into the shape of a ram, or the outline of water (those born under Aquarius are also known for being pretty brave)? Or, if you feel your zodiac sign does not describe you, or says you 'shouldn't' be courageous and daring when you are, perhaps flip the shape.

Word prompts:

Fire

Speak

Strength

Brave

Pause

Remember, our prompts are only suggestions: you can find your inspiration wherever your muse leads you. Please visit the other participants, share the hashtag #OctPoWriMo on social media, and share your link in the comments below. Let us know how this journey into poetry is going for you and if this is your first year or if you have been with us from the beginning.


Happy writing!

Bianca

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is my offering for today :)
    Completely on prompt today, except I didn't go with courageous and daring, aside from the fact that it was courageous and daring to take out my watercolour coloured pencils, get my pen out and go... https://dawnsnight.wordpress.com/2022/10/28/pisces/

    ReplyDelete

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...