Tuesday, October 26, 2021

OctPoWriMo Day 27: Expecting

The last time I was this involved with OctPoWriMo, I was on maternity leave, waiting for my first child to enter this world. I had committed to providing prompts for OctPoWriMo 2018 but warned Morgan that I might not make it all the way to the end - my son was due on October 27th.


As you can imagine, the 27th came and went and the little guy clung on. The sense of expectation and anticipation can send you crazy. I remember bursting into tears one day and just feeling like "he's never going to come, is he?!". (Of course, needless to say, he did arrive, on November 4th, and is now nearly 3, and filling me up with the best ever love as well as driving me crazy sometimes. But at least he let me complete my OctPoWriMo duties back in 2018!)

So today let's write about expectation, or expecting. It can be in relation to expecting a baby, or just about expecting or anticipating anything that you thought or hoped would happen. It could be something where you got what you wanted or expected, or perhaps a time when your expectations weren't met. Either way: let's feel the anticipation together.

Word prompts

wish

heartbeat

tenterhooks

wait

hold

Remember, our prompts are only suggestions; you can find your inspiration wherever your muse leads you. Please visit the other participants' work, share the hashtag #OctPoWriMo on social media, and share your link in the comments below. Let us know how this journey into poetry is going for you. 

3 comments:

  1. My post on expectations
    https://dawnsnight.wordpress.com/2021/10/27/rubber-soul/

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://paeansunpluggedblog.wordpress.com/2021/10/27/presupposition-octpowrimo-dverse/

    ReplyDelete

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...