Saturday, October 30, 2021

OctPoWriMo Day 31: Goodbye train

As you read this, chances are I will be on the train home from Paris, after celebrating a dear friend's birthday there. I have not lived in the Paris area now for four years and it's always so hard to say goodbye to the place and to the wonderful friends I made and still have there.

And yet as the train clacks away there is usually a sense of peace, as I know I will soon be back.

'Goodbye train' is also (fun fact) the name of a song by The Apartments, recorded in 1993, which my husband put onto a mixtape (well, mix CD) for me when we were in the throes of our international long-distance relationship in the mid-2000s. Have a listen:


Word prompts

points

platform

track

fading

distance

Remember, our prompts are only suggestions; you can find your inspiration wherever your muse leads you. Please visit the other participants' work, share the hashtag #OctPoWriMo on social media, and share your link in the comments below. Let us know how this journey into poetry is going for you. 

4 comments:

  1. https://paeansunpluggedblog.wordpress.com/2021/10/31/bidding-adieu-octpowrimo/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bianca and Michelle, thank you so much for the prompts. Though there were very few participants, your prompts kept me going.
    I will be catching up with my reading soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight's poem.
    It does speak of goodbye, in a way...
    https://dawnsnight.wordpress.com/2021/10/31/foggy-night/

    Thank you for organising OctPoWriMo. It was really helpful for me this year even more so than others. I Will try to catch up on reading next week/month too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thanks also for the challenge.
    Here's my final poem:
    https://arhtisticlicense.com/2021/10/31/octpowrimo2021-day-31-and-update/

    ReplyDelete

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...