Monday, September 11, 2017

How to Find a Writing Partner

Rose asked a question in her comment on, OctPoWriMo Link Up, about how to find a writing partner. By the time I was done responding I realized I had basically written a post so I decided to share it here in hopes it will help you as well.

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net
by Kevin Phillips

I've been looking for another writing partner for years and finally found an online writing buddy. I'd prefer to have someone to write with in person but meeting with someone online is great too. I just kept putting it out there that I was looking for someone to write with.

I attend Twitter chats, online writing groups, in person writing groups, etc. I would let people know every where I went, where there were other writers, that I was looking for someone to meet up and write with. Not on the same piece, just together.

If you are on Twitter, use the hashtag, #wordmongering , when people are using that hashtag to write they start at the top of the hour :00 and end at the :30. Using the hashtag you ask if anyone is up for #wordmongering at the :00 and see if anyone responds. If they do, you then write after checking in and then check in at the :30 to see how you both did. I often used that when I very first started writing and I'm back to using it again with my new writing buddy. Definitely helps with the loneliness.

 You can also join us on Thursday nights, 8 pm EST, for #StoryDam Twitter chat. We talk about all things writing. Tamara now has a Twitter chat on Tuesday nights, #WriteStuff at 9 pm EST. I've been visiting that chat as well, I'm meeting a lot of other writers and it's a lot of fun.

Do you have a writing partner? If you do, share with us in the comments how you found them.



Time for the Indie Ebook!

Colour Me by Roxanne Simone Ricketts  I must say that the color and the dancing/moving bodies on this cover really got my attention.


Have you Linked Up to join in the fun at OctPoWriMo?

Morgan Dragonwillow, author of Wild Woman Waking & Dancing within Shadow, is a Bodywork transformer, dancing poet, motivator of words, magical instigator and creatrix of #OctPoWriMo & #PoetsonthePage. You can find out more about her and how she can help you "move your body, move your words" on her website, Read, Dance, Write.
Yes, she is on Google+ too!



Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving me some concrete advice, meaning a place to start. I will come back to StoryDam at the beginning of October, if not sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help, Rose, look forward to seeing you at StoryDam!

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I never thought of doing this online. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annis, I first met up with Tui online in the wee hours of the morning and that is how we ended up collaborating on, Wild Woman Waking. It really is quite productive for writing, at least it is for me.

      Delete

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...