Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Need a Place to Blog Your Poetry for OctPoWriMo?

Yes, that is a long title. I was chatting with one of our OctPoWriMo participants and discovered she couldn't use her blog for OctPoWriMo. I thought, why not let her use, A Writer's Universe? So, For anyone out there that wants to blog their poetry during OctPoWriMo that doesn't have a blog they can post their poetry, email me at morgan underscore dragonwillow at hotmail dot com with your gmail email and I will use that email address to invite you to my poetry blog. We can write as a team. Oh, and make sure to put OctPoWriMo in the title.

Three of my favorite websites during OctPoWriMo:

  1. Shadow Poetry - absolutely the best place to learn all about different types/forms of poetry. I found this website the first year I started OctPoWriMo and they were going to be closing down their website for good that September before OctPoWriMo. I emailed them and practically begged them not to. I told them they were a great resource for poets and we needed them. They decided to keep it as a static site instead of the blog and community they were before. I was so relieved.
  2. Rhymezone - Quick and easy to find that rhyming word you're having trouble with.
  3. Public Domain Pictures - I use this twofold - sometimes when I'm needing some inspiration I'll hop over there and look through the photos and when I don't have just the right photo of my own for my poetry, I find a lovely one from them. Just remember to give attribution and link back to them. Thank you.
He was just too cute to pass up. Photo courtesy of
PublicDomainPictures.net by Sheila Brown.

Now for today's indie ebook, drum roll please...



This is an unusual one as it is a story and poetry but the reviews just rave about it. I can't wait to read it myself. Oh and if you didn't know, I'm posting whatever indie ebook takes my fancy, I haven't read them yet. There just isn't anyway I'd have time to read them all before I posted them. So I decided I wouldn't read any of them until after I post them. I just think we need to support our Indie poets as much as possible. 

A lot of these books are also either free or I get them from Kindle Unlimited. If you get any of these books free, please make sure you write a review for them. Even if it is just, "I enjoyed the book." I know some people have a hard time writing reviews but reviews are the bread and butter to an indie author, especially poets.

Head over and LINK UP for OctPoWriMo now! You know you want to, it's going to be a journey you will never forget.

And if you need a place for your poetry to land, check out my blog at, A Writer's Universe.


Morgan Dragonwillow, author of Wild Woman Waking & Dancing within Shadow, is a Bodywork transformer, dancing poet, motivator of words, magical instigator and creatrix of #OctPoWriMo & #PoetsonthePage. You can find out more about her and how she can help you "move your body, move your words" on her website, Read, Dance, Write.
Yes, she is on Google+ too!



Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...