Saturday, October 24, 2015


“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.” ― Philip Pullman
Photo by Bobby Mikul at PublicDomainPictures.net

Several years ago I was searching through the photos on PublicDomainPictures.net and came upon the above photo. I immediately started hearing a story poem that I ended up writing called Blind. Most of the time my poetry tends to be either how I am feeling or something from my life but sometimes, I enjoy writing story poetry.

Poetry Prompt:

Search through the photos at PublicDomainPictures.net until you find one that sparks a story poem for you.

Word Prompts:

Imaginary
tale
adventure
drama
fantasy

Poetry Type: 
With my poem, Blind, I chose to count syllables (I chose 4) and every line the same amount of syllables with the rhyming abcb format. You can choose to do the same as I did or you can go and choose a different type at ShadowPoetry.com 



PageLines- picture20193.jpgMorgan Dragonwillow is a poet, author, foodie, urban gardener, and recovering perfectionist, that (mostly) doesn't let her fears get in the way of her passion for writing and creating. She is team leader at @StoryDam, creatrix of  #OctPoWriMo You can find her Playing with Words on her blog. She lives in Marietta, Ga. with her loving and patient partner, their dog that thinks she's a princess, and the cat that reminds her that she isn't.
You can also find her on Google+

Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. This prompt was too much of a coincidence after my drop in the ocean post, so I had to carry on with the story, hence the double link.

    ReplyDelete

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...