Thursday, September 7, 2017

Break Free and Write What's Important to You!

Everyone is talking about having a voice as a writer, that you have to write and write and write to find your voice. I just want to break free with my words, don't you?

Magical worlds of inspiration for your words.
Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net
 by Anthony Poynton

When you write poetry, is it difficult to allow yourself to write what you really want to write? Do you censor your words? I know I do. I rarely say what I really want to say. Not that I want to be mean or anything like that, I just can't seem to allow myself to write freely, not truly. Sometimes I think I come close. I am going to set that as my one and main intention for OctPoWriMo.

How about you? are you going to break free with your words? Are you going to allow your words free rein on the page?

What does that look like, I wonder?

I had an epiphany last night and wrote this:

When you suddenly realize
it just doesn't matter
and you write
whatever the hell
you want to write.

I believe that poetry can be anything, that isn't the problem. It is actually saying what we want to say. The thing is, do you even know what it is that you aren't saying? We just might have to figure it out together.

Do you have an intention for your poetry during OctPoWriMo or are you just going to go where the words lead you?


Indie ebook for today:

Love Notes from Humanity by Feminine Collective Media

This looks promising.

Have you LINKED UP yet, hop on over now!







Morgan Dragonwillow, author of Wild Woman Waking & Dancing within Shadow, is a Bodywork transformer, dancing poet, motivator of words, magical instigator and creatrix of #OctPoWriMo & #PoetsonthePage. You can find out more about her and how she can help you "move your body, move your words" on her website, Read, Dance, Write.
Yes, she is on Google+ too!



Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...