Saturday, October 1, 2022

OctPoWriMo 2022 Begins!

 OctPoWriMo is here! Life has been a whirlwind for me the last couple of months. I went from being a Nomad to renting a room with seven (yes, seven) roommates on a community land trust. I realized being on the road all the time was getting to me and I wanted a space for myself and I am loving my new space.

This year the theme for OctPoWriMo is; Growing Your Creative Soul! The first prompt, Shine Your Light, is very close and personal for me because the last couple of years I feel like I've been hiding my light and. I say no more! My light is bright and I'm giving it lots of fuel to shine even brighter.

Every year I've shared poetry types from Shadow Poetry and I will continue to do that but for the beginning of this journey I'd like you to ask yourselves, how am I hiding my light and what can I do to let it shine and free write what comes to you.

Created by my granddaughter, Olivia


When I talk about your light, I'm talking about your creative light, either creating your poetry, your stories, your art, your dance whatever fills you with passion when you think about it, talk about it, or do it. For me it is my stories. I've been writing a lot lately. Since September 6th I've written over 200,000 words and most of that is one story. So I am shining a light on my words, on my stories and I'm not going to quit until I've published them.


Poetry Prompt: 

Shine your light, write for ten minutes about what shining your light means to you. Are you hiding it? What can you do to let it shine brighter?

Word Prompts

Passion
Creativity
Soul
Light
You
I

Poetry Type: Free writing but you can check out Shadow Poetry Types if you'd like to explore something different. 

Music and Movement - Move your body, move your words is my motto. This is my favorite light song that I'm sure I've shared before but it is absolutely the most right and perfect song for this prompt. 



Remember, our prompts are only suggestions, you can find your inspiration wherever your muse leads you. Please visit the other participants, share the hashtag, #OctPoWriMo on social media, and share your link in the comments below. Let us know how this journey into poetry is going for you and if this is your first year or if you have been with us from the beginning.

Much Love to You,

Morgan Dragonwillow

Read, Dance, Write, Repeat.

Where I'll be writing poetry: A Writer's Universe


11 comments:

  1. I haven't written a poem in so long and it felt good to stretch and play with my words. Here's my free write poem.
    http://www.awritersuniverse.com/2022/10/octpowrimo-day-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this and to contribute again finallly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my first contribution in years. http://www.rodkok.ca/2022/10/i-am-who-i-am.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to get back to OctPoWriMo. I need to get back into writing poems, and this opens the door. My Day 1 poem on my blog. Hope the link works.

    https://odhranwrites.wordpress.com/2022/10/01/light-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely images of light and water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Morgan for opening this amazing portal again. It feels like I am back home. I hope to keep up the pace this year.

    My day-1 poem
    https://musingssurvive.blogspot.com/2022/10/finding-again.html


    ReplyDelete
  8. My response to Day 1: https://inkdrops.blog/2022/10/03/light-3/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Morgan, sorry, a bit late and from my archive :)
    https://ladyleemanilablog.wordpress.com/2022/10/12/octpowrimo-day-1-shine-me-a-light/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm very late for posting here, but this is where this poem belongs, as it is the first poem I started to write for OctPoWriMo. Finally finished (better late than never :) ) https://dawnsnight.wordpress.com/2022/10/17/memories-gathered-and-forgotten/

    ReplyDelete

Your words feed the hearts of the poets who lovingly volunteer to share their passion for poetry with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...